Food Galore: Dim Sum at Dragon Phoenix Restaurant, Novotel

Saturday, May 17, 2014








Dragon Phoenix Restaurant
177A River Valley Road
Singapore 179031



The place is pretty spacious but kinda old for a hotel. And what's the yellow lighting in most Chinese restaurants? All my pictures turned out YELLOW. No thanks to the lighting…………..



This fried bean curd roll got me pissed. Not just coz of the food. But the waitress' lousy explanation and attitude.



It is supposed to have prawn paste in it and looked what have we got here? Only carrot shreds!! I thought we ordered the wrong thing and called the waitress over to double check.

The first waitress couldn't answer my question and got another waitress instead. This second waitress came over and looked at the food and said in chinese, "Supposed to be like that I think. Got a bit of prawn paste mashed up inside la."

HELLO?? Like that call got prawn paste ah? I am not blind, and neither is my taste bud dead ok? There is clearly nothing except carrot shreds! That's fine. The last straw came when I haven't even finished asking my questions and she walked off already!!!

What the hell?! I know you are an old auntie and I ought to show you some respect. But come on, respect is a mutual thing and you are in the service line. So unless you don't think that you need to have a good work attitude, you shouldn't be in this line. The least you can do is to wait till the customer has finished talking before you walk off. I got so angry that I just kept staring at her, trying to find out what's her name so that I can lodge a proper complaint.

She never dared to walk near our table again because she did it once and I made sure she was within earshot, "What kinda service is this? I have to complain about her and the food here. How can a waitress just walk away like that? SO RUDE!!"



Ok, enough said. Don't let her ruin my dim sum brunch. That bitch.
*deep breaths*

The rest of the dim sum were just passable. It was only because there were only these few dim sum places in Singapore that I had to come here for a try.



Salted egg custard bun.

As seen from pictures below, the filling isn't smooth enough. Can still taste the hard bits of the filling.







Carrot cake was just so-so. If you let me take a blind test, I'd probably tell you this one came from the hawker centre in a neighborhood area.



The porridge had an "instant" taste to it, if you know what I mean. Like those instant porridge. Felt like it was MSG-laden. Too watery and you can't taste the smoothness.



Glutinous rice rolls.

Yes, the prawns are big and fresh. And that's the only redeeming feature. Hmph.
*still fuming over that waitress*



Only when we paid for the meal did we realize that there is a 50% off dim sum! Ok, now I am slightly happier. At least I didn't pay so much for average dim sum.



I desperately need recommendations for good dim sum in Singapore! Please!

Labels: ,



7:30 PM


Hey there



- read my previous posts at michellechiang.livejournal.com
- email me at chiangmx@gmail.com for any enquiries
- follow me on instagram / twitter @everythinginred


Site Meter

Blog history


Advertising


Machio Man

The Toy Project


Instagram @everythinginred


My Facebook page



Twitter

Comment Form is loading comments...


← OLDER
NEWER →