Cafe-hopping to Selfish Gene Cafe at Tanjong Pagar

Wednesday, May 28, 2014




We always like to grab a quick brunch before heading to China Square Central for a long day ahead. I  like to think of it as a small way to reward myself for the hard work!

A few weeks ago, we were quickly running out of places to go for Sunday brunch places that open before 11am. Selfish Gene Cafe was our choice for the day!



Selfish Gene Cafe
40 Craig Road
Singapore 089678

It was pretty quiet when we went, much to our surprise. I was expecting full house with no seats. Chairs ain't really comfy but that's all the same with most cafes in Singapore, no?





Iced mocha

I like my chocolate syrup all blended into the coffee instead of coating it around the glass. So this drink didn't work for me.



Signature Carrot Cake

Now, this cake pushed all the right buttons in me. It was all warmed up and the texture was just right. The cream with shaved nuts went down well with the moist cake. I would come back again for this! But JUST for this.





Scrambled eggs on brioche

Wah, this dish is soooooo expensive for just scrambled eggs and brioche! There is REALLY nothing other than what you see. No hidden ham or smoked salmon or whatever. Ok, scrambled eggs were moist but the brioche? NOTHING.





Ok, I am getting sick of cafes soon. Shall we explore other types of cuisine? 

Labels: , ,



4:34 PM


Hey there



- read my previous posts at michellechiang.livejournal.com
- email me at chiangmx@gmail.com for any enquiries
- follow me on instagram / twitter @everythinginred


Site Meter

Blog history


Advertising


Machio Man

The Toy Project


Instagram @everythinginred


My Facebook page



Twitter

Comment Form is loading comments...


← OLDER
NEWER →